Getting to Silverstone
Please note that it is likely to take you around 30 minutes to walk from your car to the assembly area in the Paddock, so you must be parked at the Silverstone Circuit by 10:30 ahead of the 12:00 race start time.
Vehicle access is notoriously difficult at Silverstone when there are large volumes of traffic, so make sure you get the most out of your day by getting to the circuit in good time and no later than 10:30.
Getting to Silverstone by car
Silverstone Circuit is situated on the A43 between Towcester and Brackley. Use the postcode NN12 8TN if you have a sat nav.
- If you’re approaching from the south on the M40, exit at Junction 10 and follow the A43 signposted to Northampton. It should take you approximately 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
- If you’re approaching from the north on the M40, exit at Junction 11 and follow the A422 to the A43. It should take you approximately 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
- If you’re approaching from the M1, exit at Junction 15A and follow signs for the A43 Oxford. It should take you approximately 15 minutes.
- Please note: roadworks at Abthorpe Island may cause delays.
There is ample free parking when you arrive. Circuit staff will direct you to the appropriate car park.
Remember to take everything that you need for the race with you when you leave your car and lock any valuables out of sight.
Getting to Silverstone by coach
The official Race Day coach transfer service, operated by Zip Travel, will operate from two pick-up points in central London directly to the Silverstone Circuit and back.
There is no direct rail service to Silverstone so this really is the best way for runners and their families and friends to get to and from the race.
London service: £25.00 return
The coach service from central London operates from two departure points:
• London Waterloo (on Waterloo Road, by Wellington Public House)
• London Euston (Melton Road / Cardington Street, opposite Ibis Hotel London Euston)
Coaches will be visible with appropriate signage. Coaches will depart PROMPT at 08:30. Journey time approximately two hours. For the return journey coaches will leave on a staggered time basis once cleared to exit the course from approximately 14:30. Zip Travel staff will be on hand on Race Day to advise further on this and assist with boarding coaches at Euston and Waterloo and for departure from Silverstone.
Central Birmingham service: £20.00 return
The coach service from central Birmingham to Silverstone will depart from the coach bay near Chameleon Restaurant, Hill Street, Birmingham, B1 1BD at 09:00 PROMPT. Journey time approx. 90 mins. For the return journey, due to low demand, there will be just one coach that will leave Silverstone once all runners have re-boarded and it is safe to exit the circuit. Zip Travel staff will be on hand to advise further and assist with boarding for departure from Silverstone.
Zip Travel also offers accommodation solutions for those wishing to stay before or after the race. Use the contact details below for additional information on hotel offers.
To find out more and to book coach transfers visit www.zip-travel.co.uk
T: 01926 888 797 E: firstname.lastname@example.org